The family response and experience occurring with health and illness.
(Eggenberger & Nelms, 2007; Davidson, 2009; Hyman & Corbin, 2001; Corbin & Srauss, 1988; Meiers & Tomlinson, 2003)
· Assess the change occurring within the family that may influence the health and illness experience
· Assist family members to communicate regarding their individual experiences with the illness
· Explore the family unit health and illness experience
· Examine meanings of being a family during this illness experience for each family (Eggenberger & Nelms, 2007)
· Acknowledge family illness experience (Eggenberger & Regan, 2010)
· Help families construct meanings from life and illness experience